Problem running NewGDB dll

Thanks to the posts from Sergio (http://dev.crazyrobot.net/) I have managed to build and run a simple HelloWorld dll from Oasis. I am running Oasis Version 8.2, GxDeveloper 8.4 and VS2015.

However I've fallen at the next step of running the NewGDB dll from the gxnet src directory.

The build of the dll runs fine with no errors or warnings, but when I try running the dll from Oasis it fails with a message:

"Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture"

It goes on to say:

Make sure "Geosoft.GX.NewDB.NewDB.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "NewGDB" at compile time.

I've tried everything that I could think of to resolve this but without any luck. I upgraded to the latest Oasis 8.4 but that didn't change things.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
John Paine

Comments

  • Hi John,

    Can you try viewing the properties of NewGDB.resx in Visual Studio and then changing the Build Action to "Embedded Resource"? Rebuild with this change and try again.

    Joseph
  • Hi Joseph,

    Yes, that was one of the many things that I tried, but it still gives the same error.

    One thing that I forgot that I changed in the code was to comment out the line:

    [Translation("core", "GX/Database")]

    I couldn't find anything in any of the developer source codes or libraries that handled this line and once I commented it out I had other references to track down and forgot about this one.

    Many thanks
    John
  • Hi Joseph,

    I've done some more testing and found that the exception gets raised at the line:

    resources.ApplyResources(this.m_iLines, "m_iLines");

    in the NewGDB.Designer.cs code.

    The unhandled exception is raised in mscorlib.dll and the type is :

    System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException

    and the full message is:

    Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure \"Geosoft.GX.NewGDB.NewGDB.resources\" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly \"NewGDB\" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed

    Hopefully this will help figure out what is going wrong!

    Best regards
    John
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!