GMSys 3D aeromagnetic data issue

I have an aeromagnetci data which was flown at 300 m height. The DEM data ranges from 373 to 2515 m. when I trying to use this data in GMSys 3D, I have to input the survey elevation at constant level above 2515, which is not real. I guess there is something missed, if some one help, will be highly appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

When adding a magnetic survey there is an option to input your survey elevation from a grid, as seen in the screenshot of the dialog below. If your menu does not look the same, may I ask what version of Oasis Montaj you are using?

Regards,

Philip

Technical Analyst
    Geosoft logo
  • DarrenAndrews
    edited March 2018
    Hello Essam,

Further to Phillip's question above, we implemented support for variable elevation magnetic surveys in GM-SYS 3D in our version 8.5 release. So if you are using that version or later, you can honour the survey geometry by creating a survey elevation grid that incorporates the flight height. To do this, I would use grid math to add your flight height to the DEM grid to produce a survey elevation grid, as shown in the screen capture below. Then you can use the new grid as the survey elevation when adding the magnetic survey to GM-SYS 3D.

Best regards,

Darren Andrews
    Technical Team Manager
    Geosoft logo
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!